In a nutshell…
The idea was born because many of us are spending considerable amounts of time sourcing premium, sustainable, local, seasonal produce that we can trust has been grown by farmers who share our beliefs and standards.
- We realised that by banding together with our community we can form a strong buying group to access gourmet produce, save ourselves some money and support our farmers at the same time. Win. Win.Win.
- We don’t want wax on our apples, plastic around our cucumbers, or hydroponically grown, tasteless veg.
- We want to know our meat and poultry has been raised ethically, out in the fresh air, without added chemicals, hormones, steroids or other nasties.
- We want tasty, old fashioned food that is raised with love and tastes the way nature intended.
- We support regenerative farmers who are as passionate about their food and the environment as we are.
- We also know that farmers in WA are doing it tough and Local Produce Ladies hopes to link the two communities. Sourcing gourmet quality local produce and paying the farmers directly.
How we differ from a farmer’s market
Farmer’s markets are a foodie nirvana yet not everyone can make it a weekly outing.
Fresh Produce Ladies aim to be your online farmer’s market.
Like a farmer’s market, you will get the opportunity to meet some of the farmers and ask them about how they produce our food.
Come and shake the hand of the people who nourish you- What a powerful expression of support.